Our next Do-It-Yourself project is another that we’ve received a lot of questions about, our ugly, nasty eyeballs!
The techniques covered here will let you efficiently create convincing looking eyeballs that can make for a creepy, unnerving addition to a model, whether it’s a piece of terrain with a lurking monster, or a vehicle that’s been possessed by some sinister power.
To get started, you will need the following supplies:
- Modeling putty. 2-part epoxy putties like Green Stuff and Milliput, or polymer clay such as Sculpy.
- Stiff, thin metal florist wire or similar.
- Wire cutters.
- A pin-vice, or equally small drill.
- Clear, high gloss nail polish.
- Gloss varnish.
- Red thread, or a swatch of pure red fabric.
- Your general selection of acrylic hobby paints, brushes primer and glue.
Of course you will also need a model to attach your eyeballs to. For this project we’ll be preparing eyes as the final step for our waiting Carnivorous Plant monster. [Read more...]